The horizontal bar at the bottom of your screen is called the taskbar; it contains several important items: the Start button, program and taskbar buttons, notification area, and Show desktop button. The taskbar allows you to start programs, files, and windows, as well as switch among currently running programs or open windows. In addition to pinning programs and windows to the Start menu, you can now pin them to the taskbar (New!). The default programs pinned to the taskbar include Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, and Windows Media Player, however, you can customize it. The Show desktop button minimizes all open windows to display the desktop. In Windows Aero, when you point to the Show desktop button, all open windows appear transparent, which allows you to peek at the desktop. In addition to tracking frequently used programs, Windows also tracks recently opened files, known as jump lists (New!), which you can open from the taskbar.
Use the Taskbar
• Pin to the Taskbar. Right-click an open program or taskbar button, and then click Pin this program to taskbar.
• Unpin from the Taskbar. Right-click a pinned item on the taskbar, and then click Unpin this program from taskbar.
• Access a Jump List. Right-click a taskbar button, and then click a recently opened item from the list.
• Show desktop (minimize all windows). Click the Show desktop button on the taskbar (right side).
• Show desktop (make all windows transparent). In Windows Aero, point to the Show desktop button. Right-click the Show desktop button, and then click Peek at desktop (New!) to turn it off and on.
• Switch among open programs or windows. Click in a window to make it active, or point to a taskbar button for an open program or window, and then click a name or icon. In Windows Aero, a live thumbnail appears when you point to an open program or window taskbar button. When you point to it, the program or window temporarily appears until you move the mouse (New!).
Source of Information : Microsoft Windows 7 on Demand (2009)
One of the misconceptions about cloud storage is that it is only useful for storing files. This assumption comes from the popularity of file...
On today’s Internet, IPv4 has the following disadvantages: • Limited address space. The most visible and urgent problem with using IPv4 on ...
The following are the advantages of WAP: ● Implementation near to the Internet model; ● Most modern mobile telephone devices support WAP; ...
Many of the virus, adware, security, and crash problems with Windows occu when someone installs a driver of dubious origin. The driver suppo...