Windows 7 gives you quick access to gadgets—such as news headlines and updates, slide shows, weather information, traffic maps, Internet radio streams, and slide shows of online photo albums—anywhere on your desktop (New!). Gadgets are mini-applications that can connect to web services, such as an RSS feed (which automatically delivers web content to your desktop), or integrate with many of your applications, such as viewing your calendar. Windows 7 comes with a set of gadgets to get you started, including the Windows Media Center gadget (New!). However, you can easily download more gadgets from an online gadget gallery.
You can download more gadgets. Right-click a blank area of the desktop, click Gadgets, and then click Get More Gadgets Online to open the gadget web site and download more gadgets.
Work with Desktop Gadgets
• Add a Gadget. Right-click a blank area of the desktop, click Gadgets, double-click the gadget you want, and then click the Close button.
• Close a Gadget. Point to the gadget you want to close, click the Close button, and then click Close Gadget (if requested).
• Resize a Gadget. Point to the gadget, and then click the Larger size or Smaller size button (toggles).
• Change Gadget Options. Point to the gadget you want to change, click the Options button (wrench icon), select the options you want, and then click OK.
• Move a Gadget. Point to the gadget, and then drag the Drag gadget (dot grid) to another location on the desktop.
Source of Information : Microsoft Windows 7 on Demand (2009)
One of the misconceptions about cloud storage is that it is only useful for storing files. This assumption comes from the popularity of file...
On today’s Internet, IPv4 has the following disadvantages: • Limited address space. The most visible and urgent problem with using IPv4 on ...
The following are the advantages of WAP: ● Implementation near to the Internet model; ● Most modern mobile telephone devices support WAP; ...
Many of the virus, adware, security, and crash problems with Windows occu when someone installs a driver of dubious origin. The driver suppo...