There are different types of registry keys and settings. They are usually stored as binary, decimal, and hexadecimal numbers.
• REG_BINARY Raw binary data for storing hardware component information.
• REG_DWORD Data represented by a 4-byte number (32-bit integer). DWORDS are used as the parameters for many settings, including device drivers and software and configuration options.
• REG_EXPAND_SZ A variable length data string.
• REG_MULTI_SZ A multiple string, for example a list of multiple values in a format that people can read. These are usually separated by commas or spaces.
• REG_SZ A fixed-length text string.
• REG_RESOURCE_LIST A resource list in a series of nested arrays. These are used by device drivers.
• REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST An array list of hardware resources required by device drivers.
• REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR Nested arrays used to store resource lists for physical hardware devices.
• REG_NONE Data without any particular type.
• REG_LINK A Unicode string that names a symbolic link.
• REG_QWORD Data that is represented by a 64-bit integer.
In the same way that 64-bit versions of Windows 7 have two Program Files folders for 32-bit and 64-bit programs, the registry contains different sections for 64-bit registry keys. You can find these in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node.
Source of Information : Microsoft Press - Troubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Out
Magnetic tape technology was adopted for backup many years ago because it met most of the physical storage requirements, primarily by being ...
On today’s Internet, IPv4 has the following disadvantages: • Limited address space. The most visible and urgent problem with using IPv4 on ...
The following are the advantages of WAP: ● Implementation near to the Internet model; ● Most modern mobile telephone devices support WAP; ...
Many of the virus, adware, security, and crash problems with Windows occu when someone installs a driver of dubious origin. The driver suppo...