Sometimes you run across a great web site and simply forget to add it to your Favorites list. With Internet Explorer there’s no need to try to remember all the sites you visit. The History feature keeps track of where you’ve been by date, site, most visited, or order visited today, which you can now sort by (New!). To view the History list, click the History button in the Favorites Center, select a sort option (New!), and then click a link (if necessary) in the pane to expand the list of web sites visited. You can also search for pages in the History list by typing keywords (New!). Because the History list can grow to occupy a large amount of space on your hard drive, it’s important to control the length of time you retain Web sites in the list. Internet Explorer deletes the History list periodically, based on the settings you specify. When you delete your History list, you can now protect and preserve your related data for trusted sites in your favorites list (New!).
View and Change the History List
1. Click the Favorites Center button on the toolbar.
2. Click the History button.
3. To change the history view, click the Sort button (New!), and then select the view option you want.
• View By Date.
• View By Site.
• View By Most Visited.
• View By Order Visited Today.
• Search History. (New!) Type a keyword to search for a page, and then click Search Now. Click Stop to end the search.
4. If view By Date, click a week or day to expand or compress the list of web sites visited.
5. If necessary, click the folder for the web site you want to view, and then click a page within the web site.
6. Click off the pane or click the Close button.
Change the Number of Days Pages Are Saved
1. Click the Tools button on the Command bar, and then click Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. In the Browsing history section, click Settings.
4. Specify the total number of days you want to keep links listed in
5. Click OK.
6. Click OK.
Clear the History List
1. Click the Safety button on the Command bar, and then click Delete Browsing History.
• You can also open this dialog by clicking Delete on the General tab in the Internet Options dialog box.
• To delete browsing history on exit, click the Tools button, click Internet Options, select the Delete browsing history on exit check box, and then click OK.
2. To preserve cookies and temporary Internet files for sites in your Favorites folder, which are trusted sites, select the Preserve Favorites website data check box (New!).
3. Select the History check box to clear the history list.
4. Click Delete.
One of the misconceptions about cloud storage is that it is only useful for storing files. This assumption comes from the popularity of file...
On today’s Internet, IPv4 has the following disadvantages: • Limited address space. The most visible and urgent problem with using IPv4 on ...
The following are the advantages of WAP: ● Implementation near to the Internet model; ● Most modern mobile telephone devices support WAP; ...
Many of the virus, adware, security, and crash problems with Windows occu when someone installs a driver of dubious origin. The driver suppo...