The Ease of Access Center allows you to check the status of and start or stop the Magnifier, Narrator, and On-Screen Keyboard accessibility programs. Magnifier (New!) is a utility that enlarges the full screen (Aero), the mouse area (Aero), or an area of the screen. Narrator is a text-to-speech utility that gives users who are blind or have impaired vision access to the computer. On-Screen Keyboard is a utility that displays a keyboard on the screen where users with mobility impairments can type using a mouse, joystick, or other pointing device. If you have administrator access to your computer, you can specify how the accessibility programs start when you log on, lock the desktop, or start the Ease of Access Center.
Use the Ease of Access Center
1. Press [window]+U to start the Ease of Access Center.
TIMESAVER The Windows key [window] is located in the lower-left corner of the keyboard.
• You can also start the Ease of Access Center in the Control Panel. Double-click the Ease of Access icon in Classic view.
2. To get recommendations on what to use, click Get recommendations to make your computer easier to use, and then follow the instructions.
3. To provide quick access to common tools, select the Always read this section aloud and Always scan this section check boxes.
4. Click the utility program or the settings you want to manage.
5. Select or clear the check boxes you want to specify how you want the selected program to start or a setting to be applied.
6. Click Save or exit the window.
7. When you’re done with the Ease of Access Center, click the Close button.
Use the Magnifier
1. Click the Start button, point to All Programs, click Accessories, click Ease of Access, and then click Magnifier.
2. Click the Views button (New!), and then select a view: Full screen (Aero), Lens (Aero), or Docked.
3. Click the Options button.
4. Drag the Zooming slider to adjust the view level.
5. Select or clear the Turn on color inversion check box.
6. Select or clear the check boxes with the tracking options to follow the mouse cursor, keyboard focus, or text editing (non Aero), or drag a slider to change the magnifier lens size (Aero) (New!).
7. Click OK to use the Magnifier program. When you’re done, click the Close button to close the program.
Use the On-Screen Keyboard
1. Open the program in which you want to type.
2. Click the Start button, point to All Programs, click Accessories, click Ease of Access, and then click On-Screen Keyboard.
3. Position the cursor, if necessary.
4. Type the text you want, or type keyboard commands.
5. When you’re done, click the Close button.
Source of Information : Microsoft Windows 7 on Demand (2009)
Magnetic tape technology was adopted for backup many years ago because it met most of the physical storage requirements, primarily by being ...
On today’s Internet, IPv4 has the following disadvantages: • Limited address space. The most visible and urgent problem with using IPv4 on ...
The following are the advantages of WAP: ● Implementation near to the Internet model; ● Most modern mobile telephone devices support WAP; ...
Many of the virus, adware, security, and crash problems with Windows occu when someone installs a driver of dubious origin. The driver suppo...