The left column of the Start menu is separated into two lists: pinned items above the separator line and most frequently used items below. The pinned items remain on the Start menu, like a push pin holds paper on a bulletin board, until you unpin them. In addition to pinning and unpinning programs and windows to the Start menu, you can now pin and unpin them to the taskbar (New!). The default programs pinned to the taskbar include Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, and Windows Media Player, however, you can customize it. Windows also tracks recently opened files, known as jump lists, to programs on the Start menu and taskbar, which you can pin or unpin to the list (New!).
Pin or Unpin a Program or Items on the Start Menu or Taskbar
• Pin a program on the Start menu. Right-click a program on the Start menu, and then click Pin to Start Menu.
• Unpin a program on the Start menu. Right-click a pinned program on the Start menu, and then click Unpin from Start Menu.
• Pin a program on the taskbar. Right-click an open program on the taskbar, and then click Pin this program to taskbar (New!). You can also, right-click a program on the Start menu, and then click Pin to Taskbar (New!).
• Unpin a program on the taskbar. Right-click a pinned program on the taskbar, and then click Unpin this program from taskbar (New!).
• Pin or unpin an item on a jump list. Click the Start menu or rightclick a taskbar program, point to jump list, point to an item, and then click the Pin or Unpin icon (New!).
• Remove an item on a jump list. Click the Start menu or right-click a taskbar program, point to jump list, right-click an item, and then click Remove from this list.
Source of Information : Microsoft Windows 7 on Demand (2009)
Hybrid cloud storage overcomes the problems of managing data and storage by integrating on-premises storage with cloud storage services. In ...
On today’s Internet, IPv4 has the following disadvantages: • Limited address space. The most visible and urgent problem with using IPv4 on ...
The following are the advantages of WAP: ● Implementation near to the Internet model; ● Most modern mobile telephone devices support WAP; ...
Many of the virus, adware, security, and crash problems with Windows occu when someone installs a driver of dubious origin. The driver suppo...